Libby asked me today, "Mommy, can you keep a secret?"
A secret is a hard thing to keep, especially when someone calls it a secret. What is it about us humans that we just can't keep a secret? Nooo, I don't have any secrets at this time. But, I am doing a Bible Study with my friend Andi, called "Conversation Peace" which deals with the power of transformed speech.
Thinking about what I say, how I say it and when I say it has been a work of art in my life forever. Rather than go into this conversation with Libby, which would have lasted all of about 5 seconds, I just told her "probably, what's your secret?" She said, "I didn't say I had one, I just wanted to know if you could keep one."
It just made me think about the Bible study I am doing and whether I'd ever get to the point where I could keep a "secret". Obviously, there are things that when I'm told explicitly not to tell, I don't. For example, if my husband or a superior tells me not to tell something, I don't. It doesn't seem like an option. But, there are just some things as my good friend says, "are better left unsaid." I'm working on that.
That being said, here are some things that totally aren't secrets:
1-I am in the midst of another allergy spell. I think I am allergic to Hillary and Barack (sp? who cares) being on TV too much.
2-I have a serious jet lag.
3-It is 7 weeks until our Gulf Shores vacation.
So, guess what.............you don't have to keep those things a secret, tell everyone!
3 comments:
Whew! I'm with you! To think that this stuff is going to be on tv until November just wears me out!
I'm not real good at keeping secrets either. I'm one of these people who you have to remind NOT to say anything. Your bible study sounds very interesting, keep us updated.
First of all, I LOVE your blog! I always enjoy reading your posts!!
Secondly, I am with you and Tammy... If I see 1 more Hillary or Barack Ad, I might just get sick, literally, right then and there!!
Your bible study does sound great!! I might need it....
Love you,
Cyndi
Post a Comment