Monday, June 9, 2008

T.M.I.

Alright, are you ready for "too much information": This past week, I finished Post Planning. That's the time where teachers look over data, see what has worked and what has to change. It's also a time of putting things away, partying it up with retirees and so forth. Our music teacher, myself and the special ed teacher got together and created a music video of things people would be sure to miss--some serious things and some not so missable things. It was a "Bye Bye CD" of sorts. I sometimes think I have the knack of finding anyone standing still near me and asking them to do something rather grandiose with me. I have that knack at home too. Nonetheless, it was a great DVD thing if I do say so myself. I do want to go ahead and say that if you haven't heard the Trace Adkins song (and people---I'M NOT A FAN OF COUNTRY MUSIC) entitled "You're Gonna Miss This", you must listen to it. If you know me, you know I'm very kicked in the tail by the parenting concept. Even though I work with kids all day, I never in my life imagined how hard being a parent could be, and better yet, that at times some feelings of ungratefulness creep into my soul. I pray my way out, but I've definitely had to become very disciplined with the words that come out of my mouth. That song really puts things into perspective for me. What a bird walk, there?! Anyway, I'm doing Summer School things for the next 7 days for half days. A little work goes a long way. I usually wear a shirt during post planning that says "no, thanks, I'm busy this summer", however, I didn't wear the shirt this year and now I'm doing summer school. It's a little extra money for summer that we needed and not so bad. Saturday, my cousin Anna, got married. She had a most stellar event at Baylor School. I'm not sure if her husband (cryyyy, cryyy, can you believe Anna Ree Ree "Babbooouuuunns" has a husband, crryyy), oops sorry, I'm not sure if her husband went to Baylor or what. Her wedding was beyond words. I'll make sure to put pictures up when she posts them on her blog. I love a good event. I loved everything about the event except my dress. What a friggin' wardrobe malfunction. My stars. I won't even say anymore about that. Everyone else in my family (Steven and Libby) are doing great. They don't seem to have the constant drama I have. Maybe they do and they just don't harp on it like me. Go ahead, give me the "TMI" cue.

3 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

As I was reading that, I was totally expecting to see your video...now I'm curious...when ARE you going to post that? Ken's doing the summer school thing, too. The almighty extra dollar always talks to the Richmond's.
hugs,
Terri

Cyndi Lou said...

LOL! I, too, was hoping to scroll down to see your video. Well, I kept scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling and to no avail! When are you going to post this thing? Also, I have grown to really like that song over the past few weeks-- between that song and All That I Can Say (the one playing on my blog right now), is it any wonder that I have been down in the dumps? (Just kidding there.)

Thanks for sharing... as far as I am concerned, there is no TMI. Remember what I said way back when... these 4 walls... the most important stuff happens there and the most important people live there. So, of course, we want to hear about it, TMI and all!

Love you girl. Again, you made me smile and laugh out loud today. I just love you and miss you dearly!!

Love,

Cyndi

Mrs. Southern said...

Summer school...YUCK!!! I actually made the best grades when I took summer classes in college, shocking I know! I wish I could've talked to you guys at the wedding, I saw you and Sanna when we walked into the reception but you were gone by the time we started making rounds to chat. The whole day goes by so fast but it was fun and I wouldn't change a single thing. I wanted you guys to stick around for a pic, I'll just impose you guys in so send me your good side and without the dress malfunction!:)