Tuesday, September 14, 2010

School Marries Baby

Two of my worlds overlapped in my thoughts because of my being at home with C right now. So, I'm going to share a thought I have.

Okay, here's what I've learned today: Babies are content sitting in poop. It's warm, cushiony and the smell doesn't bother them because it's their stinkiness.

It would drive an adult crazy. Why? Because we know better and can do something about it. That's kind of like being empowered. Babies don't feel empowerment because they don't have the tools to do something about the poop in which they've created and sit in, orrr lay in. They just stay in the poop and are content, until it probably starts to sting their hineys. I think that we as adults sometimes stink things up because we are comfortable sitting in poop, haven't found a voice to holler out for help and don't know any better.

Just a random thought that probably won't seem so profound to me in about 5 minutes. Babies are content sitting in poop, metaphorically--are you?

No comments: