
I know that looks like an ocean behind Libby and it is, but it's how my sinuses feel! It never fails. I get common colds that last forever, don't respond to medicine and last forever---did I already mention that? Oh, plus, I get them when Steven's work is revolving around him and he can't help me. I think I may get my sinuses amputated. Is there such a thing? Here's one thing to be VERY thankful for---Libby doesn't have it...........yet. I'm keeping her at a distance and just surviving. I had to leave school at 8:30 because I couldn't stand up. Okay, here's another teacher perk for anyone (namely my sister) who thinks teachers have it so easy. When you are sick, you have to know enough ahead of time (12 hours) to find your replacement, you have to leave purposeful, doable work on your desk for your replacement to do with the kids, you still have to either show up at 7:15 for your outside "valet"/car duty or beg someone to switch with you, and you have to personally call to let the school know---------DID I MENTION I WAS TOO SICK TO WORK? It sounds easier to just show up, which is what I tried today, but the cold was just too much. I drove home (can't really remember it), fell in the bed and slept. At 3:30, the phone rang and it was Mr. Hamilton Medical himself saying he'd been trying to call me and was worried. I WAS SLEEPING, did I mention---I'm sick. Anyway, I'd love to update you on Libby, but as you can tell---she's at a distance and we are just making it. I need salt water. More later.
1 comment:
Hope you are feeling better today! There is no job that is quite like teaching is there??
Post a Comment