Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oh, Not Much...Just Stuff

So......what's been going on? Why don't you get your blog updated? Are you that boring....I know. I know. Not much has been going on, just stuff. We are rather boring. We've just been doing house projects. Here are a few pics: (comments are below each picture)
We've hung lots of curtains over this past month. (We means: I picked them out, we paid, he put them up. Nice "we", right?) It's taken a while to decide what we wanted to do with the way too many windows we have. The house was apparently built by someone with a bit of paranoia--lots of "dern" windows.
This was Libby's old room, now the guest room---with more "dern" curtains. No pictures on the walls yet. We'll get there. Maybe Spring Break......
More curtain hanging in the kitchen.
More "dern" curatins.
We had a glass made for the dining room table and it got delivered. Maybe we can have people over for dinner now---let me back that up, maybe I can start cooking. ha haa
So, here's one of the winter break "stuff" projects. We switched Libby's room. She wants it switched back to the old room, but in the words of Steven "VETOED".
We also hung some pictures in the hallway.
Libby's pants got water on them, so she threw them in the dryer and started it herself. I happend to be in the right spot with the camera at the right time to capture it. Pardon the panties---at least it's not a diaper.
She put on a cucumber mask. I guess all the work around the house got to her.
She's trashed her playroom.


JUST RANDOM THOUGHTS
Well, this is a great week to be a teacher. We are out of school on Winter Break! Nice. My complexion needed a break from the cold weather.




Libby and I have just had a blast being at home and visiting others. She is still doing great with the potty training.




The past 3 1/2 years have been interesting. Most people say that "it just gets harder" (referring to kids), but Steven and I both say that it gets easier. This may be because the pregnancy was a 9 month panic attack for me, the first 1/2 year was colic city, the next year was reflux city, then the next year was ear infection mania, and the past year has been whiny-butt STATE. Now, she's really turned the corner and it's seems so much better.




I used to fondly (*smirk*) refer to Steven as the government. This was because he had to take a portion of anything I had....be it food, money, spot on the couch, a sentence I was trying to get out, a phone conversation I was trying to have..you name it. Well, now with a child, it's twice the gouge. :) Steven (aka Federal Government) and Libby (aka State Government) get a portion of everything. Ha haa. Life With Libby.... The next project will be cleaning out the storm shelter (told you the previous owner was paranoid), we'll spare you pictures of that project. :)








3 comments:

Albert and Mandy said...

The house looks GREAT!!! Isn't it wonderful to be out of school this week? Weeks like this make the other 180 days seem manageable!!! We have to get together at some point. We will talk later!!!

Mrs. Southern said...

Your house looks wonderful! Can you come back to mine and do some decorating please?=) Libby putting her pants in the dryer cracked me up, I'm glad you got a picture of that. I remember when you used to call Phil the government cause he would want everything that any of us had, even our dolls! haha! It was nice to read your update!

Maddie said...

I agree, it does get easier. It was a happy day at my house when I got to get rid of the diaper bags and actually carry a purse again! :) Your house looks great!