Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hot Saturday Plans

First, let me start by saying that if you didn't read "Show and Tell" Friday entry, please do. If you have read it, I know you're super tired of seeing it pop up each time you stop by our blog. So, that's the purpose of this post..........to go ahead and lay Bambi to cyber rest.
That title, "Hot Saturday Plans" sounds pretty catchy, huh? Well, our "Hot Saturday Plans" weren't so hot and what actually ended up happening was even less "hot".
We had planned to go to a wedding at 2 and a cookout birthday party for my PapPaw after the wedding. ---notice the "had".
We actually ended up at home...........all the live long day.
I went to Dr. Williams' office to have a facial done (remember "my complexion at age 32 woes" entry....). Because of the procedure that was done, I couldn't wear make up for 24 hours.
So, in case you're wondering, here's that equation:
Meleia+No Make Up=No Meleia in Public.
In addition, Libby had a pollen allergy cough situation she was in, so............we stayed home with Tiger and the Masters, books, etc.
I hope you had "Hot Saturday Plans" and that they actually came to fruition. In the meantime, I'll be hiding out here on Rolling Hills Way---make-up-less.

7 comments:

Cyndi Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi Lou said...

LOL! I loved yesterday's 'Bambi' post AND today's 'Hot Saturday Plans' post. I can't laugh too hard because the same equation holds true at my house: I stay at home with NO MAKEUP too! 'Wild World of Richmond', if you are reading this, I admire you that you have such a great 'barn' that it doesn't need to be painted!! If you saw MY barn unpainted, you would tell me go back BEHIND the barn!

Meleia, thanks for another great post. Sorry to hear that your plans were changed, but a facial sounds FABULOUS!!

Love,

Cyndi

Mrs. Southern said...

Those are my favorite Saturdays, when you can lay around and not have to take the time to get ready and put on makeup.:)

Unknown said...

I love to be lazy around the house any day of the week. I am getting so excited and can't wait to see all of you and meeting Libby in a couple of weeks!!!

love, aunt holli

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Well, I feel like I need to respond to Cyndi's comment about "the barn not needing to be painted". I actually don't think that the barn doesn't need painting-I think it's that the farmer is too lazy to paint it. At least, when I'm the barn. The older I get the more I think it needs painting. As for Meleia's barn-I'm sure that she paints it to accentuate the beauty that is already there. Her barn is perfect without it, but I certainly understand wanting to look your very best when you go out!!! I'll just reiterate what my husband says with emphasis- "Paint the barn if it needs it." He loves makeup-well, when he's not paying for it.
Hope you got to paint your barn today!!!
Terri

Tamara Chastain said...

Those kind of Saturday's are the best. I love it when we have "No hot Saturday plans" for some crazy reason we don't see many of those.

I loved, loved your "show and tell" post. I'm kinda sad to see
Bambi go. lol!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Hey Meleia, do you know what tomorrow is? It's "finsh Libby's nap mat day." I've officially named it so. You should be hearing from me soon! I actually told my husband that so he wouldn't come up with some other grand chore that needed to be done this week. LOL!!!
love ya',
Terri