Thursday, April 10, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Blogs, I've finally figured out, are kind of like "Show and Tell" for grown-ups.




You must remember the Fridays in school that would be "Show and Tell" day. The teacher posted a list where about five kids could sign up to share something. There was always the neat kid who enthralled the whole class with his rare collection of something, or, the cute little girl with the big hairbow that would share about an amazing place her parents took her.




I always wanted something that would get an oooh or ahhhhh. I, however, just didn't really have those kind of things or experiences.




I finally have that something---I think.




I suppose the joy of "Show and Tell" is that it's your inner "ooooh ahhhhh" that matters.




Drum roll...............32 years of waiting to have a great show and tell and it's too bad Ms. Justice, my third grade teacher, isn't reading this to share in my "arrival".




Today, I got a blog comment around lunch time from my neighbor and friend, Shana. It said,..........well you can look back for the exact wording----but, do finish reading first. It spoke of a "little discovery" in my front yard. Well, because I left at 6:35 this morning, I knew of nothing other than Shana's Bonus Room light was on at an awfully early hour. Now, either, I didn't notice my own yard or IT hadn't happend yet. Here's what Shana was referring to........Here's what my husband didn't even let me know about (THAT'S definitely for a later discussion he and I'll have. He tells me the most insane amount of details when he talks about sports or random things, but come to have a..........) Anyway, here's what stayed in our front yard----ALL DAY, without my even knowing about it:





Gag. Sad. Yuck. Owwww. Not exactly ooohh or ahhh, but eeekkk. I OFFICIALLY notify everyone of this blog that I, Meleia P. Bridenstine, am not, AM NOT, I repeat a country girl. I don't go for this stuff at all. I really don't think this would have happend if we'd been in a gated condo community like I'd preferred. UUUhhhgggggghhhh, yyyyuuuuuck, and saaaaaddddd. It's so sad. It's so yuck. It's so awfully tragic. Bambi went to the great beyond----FROM OUR YARD.

I'm telling you people. I have had enough--Steven's recent "problem", Libby's recent "injury", the car keying, and now Bambi or unBambi or non-Bambi. What's the deal with this stuff? I'm certain I'm on the Truman Show and somewhere there's a population of very puzzled folks watching the random drama my life presents.

Meleia: And....that's all for today's "Show and Tell".
Mrs. Justice: Thank you, I think, Meleia. Next?

8 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

You would be surprised at what a ruckus that deer brought to the neighborhood today. There were several people who slowed down, stopped, and some who even pulled in your driveway, and walked in your yard to gawk at it. (no lie). And, by the way, that's some yard guy you've got. He even cut your grass around the deer....maybe he deserves a tip or something (ha ha)

Yep, you hit the nail on the head when you said Show & Tell. Imagine an episode of Mr. Rogers gone all wrong!!

It couldn't happen to a nicer person...a few more steps and he would have been our yard ornament!!

Shana

PS- I hope my previous comment was okay, and not offensive in any way...I just thought it was funny and couldn't resist.....Just think of it as friendly payback for Steven's phone call at 7:40 this morning. (just kidding...again)

Brad and Shana said...

Well, how wierd. When I clicked to make a comment, your blog was red and now, all springy....Cute

shana

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Girl, I seriously didn't think you would ever catch on that "The Bridenstine Show" airs at 11:00 PM nightly. It's definitely too wild for prime time. It might scare the young children that are still awake. Just kidding...but you ARE tooo funny. I laugh every time I read your blog. You really should get published.
love you,
Terri

Maddie said...

You have got to write a book someday - in your spare time. :) That is just too bizarre for words.

Anonymous said...

Libby is so cute, but I'm not thinking you thought the deer was so cute. I bet Libby was interested in it though! Paula Morrow

Cyndi Lou said...

You seriously make me laugh EVERY time I read your blog. I thought only CRAZY stuff happened to ME, until God gave me YOU as a friend. That is INSANE! That was a GREAT show and tell, especially since Bambi wasn't in OUR yard!! I hope you have a better weekend. What I want to know, is this... Who do you call to remove a Bambi out of your yard? Talk about a strange phone call!

Love ya,

Cyndi

Tamara Chastain said...

I'm sorry Meleia, I think it's funny only because it wasn't in my yard. I'm going to suggest that maybe you should have it mounted.

Mrs. Southern said...

OH WOW! That is horrible! Only you would have that type of luck! It does sound like you are on the Truman show...haha!