Monday, May 26, 2008

Go figure?!*#

Yesterday we planted some really cute flowers by our mailbox. That word in white that you probably can't see is flowers. The flowers are red, yellow and white. They are geraniums, marigolds, and salvias. It took lots of work, and being the heat wimp I am, Steven did most of the work. After all the creative energy of picking out the color, type, amount and location the heat just zapped me. I dug a few holes and planted some, but not nearly the amount he did. I ended up practically laying in the driveway staring at the sky until he finally said, "why don't you just go on inside." Before he could finish the last word, being the obedient thing I am, I was in the house. We, well, he, added some landscape lights to the front of the house, too. After all that weekend yard work, we woke up to find that.........................overnight, someone put like 20 real estate signs in our front yard. Luckily, it didn't mess up our work, but it certainly was stupid. It was better than being rolled, which we've been rolled at our last house like five times. I don't even know what to think other than either we are targets of retarded acts or we are the unlucky recipeint of stupid acts of randomness. Could something stupid please just happen to someone else? Go figure.

7 comments:

Mrs. Southern said...

I think you are on the Truman show and people can watch you on their tv's...I just need to find the channel.:)

Brad and Shana said...

Holy cow......we left at around 9:30 this morning, and I didn't notice anything.......except that your flowers looked good. Thats really weird......but then again, those types of things usually happen to you. Who would have that many real estate signs???

Bridenstine4 said...

You don't want that channel, isn't the blog shared torture enough! We caught the signs out there around 8:30 am. Apparently, the signs were stolen from various properties around Rocky Face because they are like "New Homes in Buckingham", "For Sale By Owner", "Coldwell Banker", "Open House".....

The Wild World of Richmond said...

I'm with the first poster...I watch your channel every night. Didn't you know you were on primetime? I love it when you collapse in the yard and Steven rolls his eyes while Libby dances around in circles...just kidding...but I would watch it if it were on...Ken and I are "reality TV" junkies. Sad, but true.

Maddie said...

I have heard of people that are more prone to being struck by lightning because of having more metal in their body. Maybe you have some kind of metal inside of you that attracts random acts of stupidity! lol! I am always amazed at the comings and goings of the Bridenstines! :)

Cyndi Lou said...

Oh, I am SO with Terri and Tammy... you SHOULD be on TV and if you were, I would watch EVERY NIGHT!! I used to think that only stupid, bizarre stuff happened to me and Joe, like my car getting stolen RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES at one of those drive through car wash places... now that was crazy, but ever since I have called you and Steven friends, weird stuff happens to you, too!!! YAY!!

No, really I am not glad bizarre stuff happens to you, I am just glad that I am not the ONLY one it happens to!! I am sure the flowers look BEAUTIFUL and I am glad the signs are gone. Now, I expect to see some pictures of the 'said' landscape lights and flowers on the next post!! :)

We love you guys!!

Cyndi

Anonymous said...

You totally don't know me, but I stubbled across your blog and read it a bit. I just wanted to let you know that the exact same thing happened to me too! People are crazy and stupid sometimes.