Libby's last night at the beach.
Libby enjoying the beach in I have no idea whose chair and umbrella.
Is anybody home? We are! After getting stuck in traffic in Newnan, Georgia for 4 hours, we are home. Have mercy. God was SO with us because Libby actually slept through half of the wait time, and most importantly, we weren't in the 6 car accident. And here's a triple out of the ordinary miracle: no one had to go pee on I-85 during the four hours. Well, maybe people had to, but no one in our car did. Need I go into detail as to how my stop at Target and my relentless search for a toile neckroll actually could have saved our lives? I won't go into that detail, my shallow thoughts shall stay in my head. Along with our Target stop, I stopped at a store recommended by my sister---Priester's Pecans. Now, if you are like me, you are like, "oh, thanks but no thanks...I'll leave the pecan love to my Mayfield's Butter Pecan indulgence and just stay on the road to getting home,".....HOWEVER, that's where you would t-totally miss out because this store (and there is one in Perry, GA) is a MUST VISIT. I'll go ahead and let you in on a little secret from my shallow thinkin' head, I was just going to run in the store and check it out so we could get on the road. When I got in the store, I was just awestruck with the cool things. They had a monogrammed everything, a who would even think of that anything, and that special obscure something! When I got in the car, I told Steven, "sorry it took me so long (30 minutes isn't really that long). I hope heaven is something like that store. Gosh." He rolled his eyes and said, "if you make it to heaven, you'll probably be disappointed because I have feeling this Cracker Barrel on steriods store won't be there." Don't you just love the half full, hopeful point of view. Maybe that'll be my special post in heaven one day, to open the gift shop God's always needed. You know there may just be some people who stop in and need to pick up a little something. See that was way shallow. Sorry you had to partake. We're home, the average Dalton IQ has just increased, thanks to Steven and Libby's arrival!
4 comments:
Thanks for keeping us updated on your big vaycay! It looks like you had a wonderful time! I know you miss the beach, but it is nice to be home and sleeping in your own bed. What a GREAT feeling!! We will think of you guys when we are at The Lighthouse at the end of the month. :)
Glad you had a great trip!!
Love,
Cyndi
That was so much fun!
Sanna
The beach pictures are great! Libby is looking more and more like you everyday! But of course I'm sure she acts like Steven when she is pitching fits! That store you went in sounds amazing, like a little slice of heaven on earth! I love monograms on everything! We had leftover napkins from a shower that had our names on them so of course I am using them around the house. Funny how we both went from "P's" to " B's"!!
Glad you are safely back home! Love your new look!
Post a Comment