Before I got married, I used to think, "what possesses people to marry and then separate out stuff?" Separate beds, separate cars, separate bank accounts...I did not understand the point of marrying someone to just "draw the line" down the middle of the room.
Ten Years Later.......
Fact: Libby jolts out of bed in the middle of the night as though our house has just been in the midst of an invasion in the Middle East. Steven moves to the guestroom with her about 3 am. Someone has to get sleep. The more that do, the better. No one understands what it is like to have a kid that doesn't ever get soundly to sleep. Then, to be a mom that has to have still and quiet to hopefully get back to sleep because she gets her day started around 5 a.m. NEVER tell me to get her in her own bed until you live about 3 days in this life. Preferably the Monday 13 degree car duty at 7:10 days. Therefore, lots of times, the last two hours of our sleep life is in separate beds. I get it. I may not want it. But, I get it.
Fact: I downloaded lots of my favorite songs for the Christmas Season to my IPod. Notice the word "my". I decided to play some of the songs as we were out and about yesterday. I've never seen someone cringe as much as Steven did. He said the artists I chose did a terrible injustice to the songs, not to mention disservice as they left out verses. He said it nicely, but he said it. Ugh. My IPod. Miiiiine. I could imagine riding in separate cars. :) Add to that fact: I drove us around yesterday evening because he forgot his wallet at home. It was funny because I just pulled off the road when I felt like it and got a slushy. It was hilarious not to have to have a preface and 5 reasons to stop. I just did it. See, if we just rode separately......I may never arrive. LOL
Fact: We don't have enough money to have separate bank accounts, but if we did, I bet we would. I can't buy him a gift without a Purchase Order and a money trace on it.
Fact: My getting dressed routine takes on a life of it's own that leaves clothes in the crossfire. We've got separate closets. And. I. Like. It. And. He's. Good. With. It.
Off to Perry, Georiga to finish our Christmas shopping----in one car, with one ATM card, ****and he's frantically searching for his wallet****. :) "Fa La La Laaaaa", sings Leann Rimes on my IPod.
1 comment:
It's nice to know that men still don't understand what is yours after ten years! G has a hard time understanding why I have certain music on my ipod and why I don't want Oscar curled up in the bed with us! I sit greedy that I want it to be all about me right now well at least until we have kids.
Post a Comment