Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's Not Easy Bein' Green

Look at that title. No, I don't have a sinus infection and I'm not getting all "St. Patricksy" on ya. It's just not easy bein' green. I love that little melancholy song from Sesame Street. You see, I sorta believe that part of what makes kids born from 1975-1980 on the melancholy side of life, more times than other folks, is those darn little sing songy songs about how it's not easy being yourself.

Why shouldn't it be easy to be you? You are you. I mean, shheee, what could be easier than that? You certainly can't change it. Well, not inexpensively.

(If that paragraph didn't just SCREAM combo between a therapy session, an advertisement for Dr. 90210 and a guidance lesson in school, I don't know what does.)

And listen, if run on sentences paid the bills, I'd be rollin' in the dough faster than Publisher's Clearing House.

Anyhow, I've been running from the blogosphere avoiding blogging because....well, here's my dialogue:

ME: Who wants to hear me complain?
MYSELF: It's my blog, I can blog what I want to. And, post scriptum, DX if you don't like that I hate editing, so. I. don't. edit. ;P That was down right awful. And silly. Sorry.
I: Tone it down, Sister, you've got it good.

So, between this strange little place I'm in thought-wise and writing, I've just not had the umph.

Right about now, you're thinking, "yea, I see what you mean. Why don't you finish that conversation with yourself and then try the writing thing...."

I'll ignore your thoughts and my own, and write a little.

On complaining: Libby slept in her bed for five days in a row. Hang on Hallaleuah chorus, not yet. She slept in her bed for five days in a row about a week ago and ever since, back to the same ole same ole. That's rather disappointing as I enjoyed living like I WASN'T in a one room shacks where all events took place in the one and only bedroom. She's amazing in every other way and I remind myself, she won't wake during the night forever--maybe.

On blogging: No matter how many dern times I re-read my posts, I'll miss stuff. Re-reading takes away from my flow. That sounds like an artists' cop out for not being grammatically or syntactically strong, but seriously. So.....I'm not gonna edit no more, no more, I'm not gonna edit no more..... anymore, anymore....see, it doesn't sound as good!

On got it good: I'm very grateful for 100% of the facets that make up my life. That's why it's kinda hard to blog. In economic times like these shall I go on and on about how fortunate I am to live in a household that still has two jobs? That just doesn't feel right. I am so thankful, but at the same time, I have friends and some relatives who aren't so fortunate and it's stinky AND GREEN.

I guess that's why it's not easy........being green. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true. I hate St. Patricks Day. I think it's just a reason for people to party. I hate wearing an ugly color of green and seeing everyone in green. I hate being limited to a color that's not in my scheme---you know, white, brown, black, grey, pink. Anyway, Libby needs to go back to her bed just put her in there and tell her Steven will be checking on her periodically. If she wakes up tell her to just close her eyes and go back to sleep. On a side note, we've got to go on vaca this year somehow. Maybe we can pay this year. I'm working on it. Disney has some good promo's going on this year.