Sorry not to have posted in 4 EVER. I forgot the power cord for my laptop and couldn't make myself go back to school on a break to get it. Worse than not updating my blog was that I didn't get to catch up with everyone else until today!
We had a wonderful holiday season, full of drama--which is what makes the world go 'round, right? Just kidding.
Christmas was celebrated by several fun get togethers. The first was a school party at someone's pool house which was great. It's so fun to see how insane people can get over an ornament! When we left the party around 9, we called my mom to check on Libby and to let her know that we were on our way. My mom told me Libby had fallen down her staircase--head over heels several times on the way down. Fortunately and thanks be to God, she was fine, but that was rather upsetting. I try to EMPHASIZE to everyone that she has to be very closely watched because she is little, but ...................
On Christmas Eve, we went to Anna and Graysen's house for a family gathering which was nice. We took 10 lottery scratch tickets for the gift swap. NONE were winning tickets. YUCK. The food was great and their place is beautiful. They were very gracious hosts.
On Christmas, the rat race began. We did the Santa presents around 8 am, breakfast and presents at my mom's around 10 am, Christmas lunch at my Granny Souther's at noon, and finger foods and presents at Steven's parents' house at 2. WHEW--we needed a sleigh!
After Christmas, we kept Kaylee for the next three days. She is a delightful child and Libby has lots of fun playing with her. We chose toys we no longer needed or had duplicates of and donated them to Providence.
Things you can pray for:
My mom had dental implant surgery, so she's been getting through that adventure. Pray for her speedy recovery.
I saw my dad for the first time in a year, that was nice.
My mom's mom (Granny Souther) has refused dialysis and is in kidney failure.
My sister has a ton of unspoken prayer requests.
More soon!
3 comments:
You must know that I have checked your blog every single day since the 18th. Which, if you think about it is kind of pitiful since we live right across the street, and I could probably talk most anytime. Anyway, I'll be happy to be praying with you about things mentioned. By the way, Ken & Terri were at church Sunday...we hope to see ya'll back too.
Shana
We will be praying too!
I'm just now getting the time to sit and read blogs! Crazy how it takes time to regroup after the holidays. It was great to see you all! I'm thinking about you guys and your prayer requests are on my prayer list!=)
Post a Comment