What the heck, right? I mean what in the world could this mean? No post in forever and now this picture? Well, now that I completely had your inner dialog out with myself, let me explain....LAST WEEK:
Kaylee (my sister's 4 year old) went to Bi-Lo and got the "Homie" from one of the 25 cent, now 50 cent machines. Libby got hold of it and it seems to be all she cares about.
What is it with the little things that kids get hung up on? You know how before you have a child, you purchase the Pottery Barn Kids' stuff you anticipate they'll get "hung up on", you know the cute personalized bunny.....NOT LIFE WITH LIBBY, NOPE. It's "Homie".
YESTERDAY:
Well, she left the "Homie" in Steven's car and when I picked her up from school, she was demanding "Homie".
Three hours of me looking everywhere for it, she finally states "I had to 'leeb' it in the black car 'dis morning. Daddy made me. I think he wanted to take it to 'de work wid him." Part of me didn't doubt he wanted to enteratain his coworkers with it. It's a weird little figurine. UUUUggghhh.
That Evening:
Libby was was upstairs, in the bath and her micro hearing heard the garage door open. She doesn't say, "Daaddddy." She says, "my homie is here!" and suddenly is able to exit the tub without the normal tug of war, rush to cover the drain with anything in sight routine.
So, the "Homie" episode doesn't end.
TODAY:
I was out of work today. I went to the foot doctor to get a cortisone shot for my heel pain. My heel used to feel bruised, now it feels broken. You can count on something to get worse before it gets better (that's always the doctor's forcast), especially when it involves my comfort level. It was in the midst of the shot in my foot that I thought, "hey, we can work Homie to our advantage and use him as potty training incentives." I must have had an amazed look on my face because the doctor putting the shot in stopped and said...."you okay?". I didn't bother answering him because if I were okay, I wouldn't be there. I just said, "it'll get worse before it gets better, right?"
I went to Wal Mart to find the "Homies" (something about that sounds like I'm looking for a group of people I know well, right?). Anyway, I actually had to ask around which was like an episode of Candid Camera. At the time, I didn't know where Kaylee had gotten him. I found the homies and was a little frigthened by them. They are very strange characters, much like a group you'd find with an eternal spot on a "Thoughts and Prayers" list. They were found to be in the coin machines in the front. People, (grown people), actually collect them. Weird. I hope this phase ends as quickly as it began. How many potty trips will $5 worth of Homies get us?
Prayer Request Updates:
Mom's mouth: Her dental implants are healing, she is back at work and goes to the doctor tomorrow.
Granny Souther: Kidneys are same. She is slightly better.
My Sister: Keep on prayin'.
My Nanny Ree: Lost a very close cousin. Pray for her to have peace. She seems okay with it, but I'm sure it will really hit her soon. They've pretty much lived next door to each other for their whole lives.
3 comments:
Well, I feel educated. I have never even heard of the "homies" Glad to read your post. We will keep praying.
It's funny you mention it, you know yesterday when you were delivering the God-sent brown shoes, she left some here but ya'll came back to retrieve them. A few minutes ago, I was upstairs on the treadmill and Sara Kate brought one to me and said, "this is Libbys". So, we have a homie over here. Later, when I see that you're home we'll bring it by, I want to check out your curtains. Thanks again for the shoes!
Shana
I am literally busting out laughing about the homies! Phil probably collects them and may have a few for Libby. HaHa! We are going out of town Saturday but on the way home Sunday we are going to stop and visit with Nana Ree. Good Luck with the potty training technique!=)
Post a Comment