Yesterday: We had a lazy-stay-at-home-keep warm kinda day. At about 2 pm, we were stir crazy. We went to visit Steven's parents in Ooltewah. Upon leaving their house, we journeyed to PF Chang's (strong urge for Spring Rolls). We ran into our good friends and neighbors (no it wasn't State Farm! hee hee, anyone remember that jingle?), but it was the Brad, Shana, Bryce, Sara Kate Crew from the other side of Rolling Hills Way. We had dinner with them. Seeing the parental weariness in us, they graciously took Libby with them for a few hours. We went to Target and bought who knows what for way too much!
Today: I stayed at the hosipital with my Granny Souther. She will be passing on at any time. It is absolutely the most horrific thing I've ever had to witness. She has kindey failure and has been battling it hard for 2 years. The time has arrived and her kidneys aren't functioning. The hardest part is that she is completely aware of everything. I fell apart at her bedside today. I don't usually do that, but it was just so hard to stand next to someone that you know is dying---rapidly. The sounds and sights were overwhelmingly harsh. She told me not to cry, so partially scared that she might still have some feisty swing that I used to deservingly get as a kid, I dried it up. She said she wanted some fried okra, so I journeyed out into Dalton "aka Little Mexico" (meat and 3 is hard to find in tortilla land) to find some fried okra. I was in a mad rush to find it because it just seems like she has seconds left. Steven kept Libby. Granny asked where Libby was. I just couldn't have Libby see that side of life at this point. Hard.
Tomorrow: I will have Libby and Kaylee for the day because the sporadic daycare is closed. I didn't know they were closed until I'd already scheduled a doctor's appointment, so my sister will actually have Libby in the am with Kaylee and I will have them in the pm. I need to go to work just to get some rest. Ha haa
3 comments:
Hey, I should have sent the pictures with you, and you could've included them. The kids had a total blast with her. I especially loved our tea party and story time. She was a joy to have, and I'll be glad to keep her anytime.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Keep focusing on the blessing after death...the real life finally begins. Thats true happiness.
Don't work too hard on your extra day off tomorrow!
Shana
Is January over yet??
I'm thinking about you and your family. You all are in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything we can do!
Post a Comment