Me at 9 years old: *tap*
Sanna at 6 years old: * smile*
Me: * tap*
Sanna: *annoyed smile*
Me: *tap, tap*
Sanna: stop, Meleia
Me: bigger smile than Sanna, *tap (a little harder), tap*
Sanna: Teeth clinched. Please stop, Meleia.
Me: Teeth clinched resisting smile. Please stop, Meleia.
-----------Full blown fight breaks out. It's just what kids do in the summer. Sorry if you were deprived of such an experience.-------------
The tapping and mocking episode has stopped and now it's the annoying oh-NOOOO-she-didn't episodes. Well, my sister continues (despite the fact I told her my job with a few weeks off wasn't won in a lottery) to hassle me about "what teachers do in the summer." So, in order to annoy her, I utilize my texting package. Whenever I find time, I text her endless paragraphs about random junk I hear or know. For example, a couple of days ago I texted her entire synopsis of the Dateline NBC story about the "Most Memorable 911 Calls". At first, she tried to intelligently respond and then she caught on. Shortly after that, I texted her clips of a reading show about questions that Libby was watching. She spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out "How do sheeps read?". It was just a long e sentence for kids to practice. Anyway, I'm sorry I annoyed her and I can't wait to see what I think of next. Well, to seriously answer my sister's question about, "what do teachers do in the summer?"..........We watch other people's kids when they are in a pinch, catch up on professional reading, spend time with people that never get our undivided attention, cook something that doesn't remotely resemble the cafeteria menu, take elderly family members to their doctor appointments, AND squeeze our own appointments in. I'd love to include pictures of today's "annual experience" as a dear friend of mine called it, but they would be deemed inappropriate and no one would ever (rightfully so) speak to me again. Fastforward or Rewind whichever would be appropriate to a question my sister, who has lots of "common sense", but well.....to keep her speaking to me, I think she barely missed the cutoff for the short bus. (<---my mom will probably have me delete that, so you may just have gotten the early bird special) asked me about "what teachers do in the summer?". So, it was the "annual experience" and I had just told the doctor about my friend Terri's experience with her pap smear truck wrecking....(See The Richmond Blog for that Meleia-Moment)............and you guessed it.........a Meleia-Moment at the "Annual Experience"............she began the exam and said, "uuuhhh, well, I, we don't have a light bulb in this, "...she had to leave me all "ready aimed fired" while she left the dern room to get a bulb because the light bulb on the "post I wouldn't want to be" blew..........dernit.............seriously..............I laid there thinking.........oh-NOOOOO-she-didn't.......she left me....laying.........on..........in.........this........grody.........position.........YUCK! She actually had the nerve to come back, install the bulb and try to continue the story about Terri's paps in the wrecked truck with the labs in them. She said, "All Whitfield County employees who had a pap in this county during that month on United insurance had to have them redone because that insurance company demands that the labs be sent off." Here I was again, oh-NOOO-she (& I'll add jus')-didn't. I guess it's the county school's fault that the bulb went out during my experience, too. Oh--YYYYEEESSSS-it did, now I just have to live for the dreaded envelope of results that come in the mail like a college possible rejection letter. Adavan, please. Oh, yes, I did just demand a narcotic. Cheers to a week of sleepless nights. That's what teachers do in the summer.........
4 comments:
It's good to know that I'm not the only one with freaky gynecological experiences. I can definitely sympathize with you. When I went back for the second one, someone knocked on the door in the middle of it. It was nurse saying that a fellow Dr. was calling for help from surgery. He wham,bam, banged me out there faster than lightning. I felt sorry for the poor lady lying on the operating table waiting for him to finish my exam. No small talk for me though-and frankly-I like that better.
Oh, Meleia,
You continue to remind me why I love you so much (and miss you dearly by the way)!! Your sense of humor is fabulous and I love your outlook on things! And, yes it is good to know what teachers do during the summer. I have never really questioned that fact, though.
I must admit that I am jealous of your 'time off' or 'breaks', I can say that I think you guys and gals earn it!! I couldn't do what you all do each day! I would be in the crazy house for SURE!! So, I admire you teachers very much!
And, that stinks about the darn bulb going out! CRAZY!!
Love you girl!!
Cyndi
Post a Comment