Saturday, July 5, 2008

Simply Saturday

I felt like I needed to do a new blog to put the "hand basket" away. I just thought I'd let you know that the cats have seemed to have lessened their apprearances on our back deck. I'm wondering if they read the blog and saw that they weren't wanted. I've finally exhaled----without a swear word.

Yesterday was the Fourth of July and I told Steven that he should blog something interesting about our country. In case you didn't know, Steven's quite the patriotic guy. He said, "no". So, I suppose that you are left with me to share what we did yesterday and today. Oh, here's the only interesting thing he had to say about our country, "NOT Obama '08". I told him that that wasn't patriotic, but it was political. He said that it was patriotic in every sense of the word. I'll take his word for it. He went on to say there's no love for our country like the disdain he has for Obama. Heee heee heee. On with our everyday life---



Friday, we went to my mom's to pick up Libby who had had "Girls' Night" with Kaylee and my mom. We went to Sanna's house and played their Wii. Lastly, we obliged my sister's plan to go to Heritage Point to see fireworks.




Today....................well just check out the pics:


Lunch at PF Chang's (crispy honey chicken, yum)

Watched the carriage rides go by on a walk through downtown after a Ben & Jerry's drink.

Libby and Steven jumped in the fountain at the Aquarium.

Libby "drove" the antique bookmobile from the bookstore in downtown Chattanooga.

Free Tip: My oh-so-cute Oka B's weren't exactly what I would recommend on a walk downtown.

4 comments:

Maddie said...

Looks like a fun day! I have to say I am with Steven on the NOT Obama!!!!! He scares me.

Brad and Shana said...

Don't you just love a great family day! They always make my heart fill so full.

Shana

Oh yeah----Definitely McCain '08

The Wild World of Richmond said...

your blogs always make me wanna laugh. I'm with Steven, but i'm not sure i really want McCain either. He's just the lesser of two evils. What did you say about a handbasket? That would be appropriate here!!! What are we coming too?
Of course, I thought the same thing when Clinton won the presidency and somehow we survived...or did we?
Your day with your family looks AWESOME!!! Enjoy it-they grow fast. My son has a mustache and doesn't like to be seen with us anymore. We usually try to walk with him incognito so none of his friends will recognize us. The problem is that his friends like his dad more than he does...something about 5th grade, water balloons, and marshmellow guns make him popular. I haven't arrived there yet.
hugs,
Terri

Albert and Mandy said...

Why is it that the cutest shoes always hurt the most. Albert says my motto is "style before comfort!" I am sure I will pay for it one day!! Those shoes, and Libby of course, are adorable!!!!