Saturday, October 4, 2008

Crampin' My Own Style

Okay, so this weekend has been rather interesting. I have 4 things to do. Notice the present tense...that's because I've done about 5 things, none are the 4 I needed to have done.
Here's why my style is cramped: I went to a NW game Friday night (realized I am not young, nor cool), ate at Waffle House (so now my thighs are cramped in my clothes, j/k-slightly..), went to Starbucks (had a to-die-4 signature salted caramel hot chocolate), HAVE NO IDEA WHY I KEEP TALKING IN PARENTHESIS, and that all sounds good, right. Wrong.
Woke up Saturday morning at 6ish am, puked---puked. I'd guess it was a hang over, but I've never drank in my life. Sorry if I'm now a bigger dose of uncool for you---but, that's true. The triple S pledge from 7th grade just sticks in my OCD head and I can't bring myself to take a plunge like that of which would nullify my memory, possibly act as a truth serum (yes, I hold SOME thoughts in my head), and make me pukey. My mom, who BTW must have dropped off my frequent readers list as I haven't gotten any attitude from her about my references to her in the blog (I suddenly hear an Ali McBeal style chorus of George Michael's song "Freedom") asked if I was preggars and besides thinking she was oblivious to my lack of life being the mom of a 4 year old, I told her, "yes, with a food baby." Gross. I know. Sorry. But after an "All Star Breakfast at 11:00 pm in the presence of a football team, I couldn't resist being truthful to you my beloved readers in the single digits. So, I puked, sent an email to someone I was worried about, took a shower and got ready all by 7:30 am on a Saturday. I went to a party with Steven, Libby and Kaylee at Chuck E. Cheese's. Well, I made a late entrance in that I was still pukey feeling and hadn't gotten a gift for the birthday boy, so I dropped them off and went to NG Mall where before buying the gift I ACCIDENTALLY BOUGHT 2 DRESSES for myself and 1 for Libby. It's better than the couch I accidentally bought in '95. How do those accidents happen? Just think what would have happend if I hadn't felt pukey. I might could have gotten some shoes to match the dresses. I did also manage to get a perfume sample of something I now have to add to my neverending wants list. Oh, the lottery. If I'd just play, I might could win and afford something for people besides myself. It's brutal, but honest today folks. I think I puked out my integrity filter.
Oh, how'd my style get cramped? The puke started it and then I slept 2 of my Saturday hours away. My sleep wasn't even a cool sleep it was one of those weird, "what kinda MSG did my food have" dream sequences where I was all over the place in my sleep.
Ewww. I need to get back to myself. My style is so cramped with this weekend's events. Fall Break, here I come. Peace out. (And sorry for the series of parenthesis......)

4 comments:

Mrs. Southern said...

you are too funny! hope you are feeling better!!

Brad and Shana said...

What a trooper! To be sick and still make it to Chuck E Cheese's deserves some sort of award!

Here's hoping you are feeling better during fall break and get exactly everything that you need to do accomplished.

Cyndi Lou said...

You are HILARIOUS! I can SO see you talking as I read each word. I sure hope you are feeling better and I am so proud to say that I am still one of your faithful, beloved readers!! :) YAY for me!!

Oh, and there is NO WAY I would have made it to Chuck E. Cheese's after being sick! There HAS to be some kind of award for that!! :)

Love ya,

Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Oh how lucky I am to call you sister! Yes, I'm glad you finally told the truth about your mood. All day Saturday, I was like what's wrong with you!!!!! Enjoy your break. Maybe you'll carve some pumpkins with the girls, HA! That's one big yeah right!