Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sympathy Not Required

Oh, where to even begin? It's like I'm finding myself to be less interested in writing about "Life With Libby" or "Life With Meleia". It's cyclical and cynical in nature. She whines, I find myself with an inner voice that is somewhat on the whiney side of life, too. I get blah about something and then find myself behaving like an ingrate. Case in point:

1). I think I'm coming down with something. I don't want to tell McDaDa because he'll say, "*call in something". *Say those quotes in your best Steven voice* That will lead to me sitting for hours in Mae Johnson's office around things only a third world country could produce cough wise. I think I'll continue the secret slip of the Airborne and water.

2). I went to the eye doctor today, which is probably where I got exposed to something horrid that I'm in progress of catching. Actually, let me backtrack. I made an appointment back in December with the eye doctor I've been going to for 14 years. It was a two month wait. Worse than that of a local dental cleaning. Anyway, I even worked at that eye doctor in college. I got a message on Sunday (?!) that a family emergency occurred and they didn't know when he'd be back. Of course, I suddenly flash forward to the possibility of an upcoming "Dateline" where a sketchy optometrist.....My mind can really get me worked up. Well, to go back a few years ago....I decided not to go to Chattanooga to him and to go local. I got tangled up with some psycho young doctor who said I needed special tests because something must be behind my eye pushing on it. That sent me in to a medical panic attack. Me and panic attacks go way back. So, I get to the new doctor today with Libby in tow. Think 'Erin Brockovich' minus the trampy clothes and skinniness. I can't get anything done trying to manage her. I felt like I'd been shook the entire exam because not only was I in my panic attack mode, but she was trying everything she could to drive me off the edge of the partial sanity to which I was hanging. I had to whisper the story of 3 Bears while telling if "1 is better than 2 and what about 5 and 6".....Anyway, I found out I was wearing a contact on my right eye that was twice the prescription I really needed. Only in Meleia Land would you walk around half blind and not even notice your headache and bumping into things because "Life With Libby" is so intense. --Keep opinionated thoughts that I'd normally post here to preserve what's left of partial relationships.--

3). I'm on Winter Break which translates to Teacher Doctor Appointment Week. Tomorrow I have a dental cleaning. It should feel great with a sore throat. If I reschedule, I can get a cleaning in 15 months. I'll suffer through a strep cleaning as to wait that long and then be griped at for the condition of my teeth.

4). Valentine's Day Was: Cry.

Enough Said. Sympathy Not Required.

1 comment:

Mrs. Southern said...

Oh my wow! I am glad your eye is okay. I went to the eye Dr. a few weeks ago and not the same one that you go to either! ;) He told me I had a "freckle" on my eye, in my eye, I don't know. I came home and typed it into webmd.com
(worst site for me ever) and started to freak! After a slight panic attack I let it go and realized that I would be ok. I'm just glad I didn't have Libby tagging along with me. haha!