Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

Well, Terrific Tuesday is over with. You know Tuesday seems like the neverending day. Today was really not terrific for Steven. He found a huge keyed mark on the side of our car. Needless to say, he is now boycotting the forever away parking assignment hospital employees have---and he has three different speeches ready for the three people who may object to his parking closer. I asked him who he'd ticked off. :) He's convinced it was random. Who does that kind of stuff even?

Libby has been doing well. She's for some reason decided she wants to go to the library. Now, I'm not sure if you are familiar with the Dalton Library, but I very well may have been one of the last patrons (and I haven't been since junior high school). She's been walking around saying, "ssshhh, we're in the library and people are tryin' ta' read duh books."

Next week is our statewide CRCT (crummy rotten crappy test). ha haa It's actually very important to the kids and we are working hard to de-stress the kids, as well as prepare them. If you don't already know, I work in the highest poverty, highest English Language Learners school in our district.........that being stated, we needed pencils----about 1,000 so that we could be sure we would have 2 good pencils for each student that's testing. Awesomely enough, my Aunt Jane (Anna's mom) is donating 1,000 pencils to my school. *****Hip, hip, hooray! I'm grateful!***** I think I'll start praying over the pencils immediately, we need all the help we can get. ;)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

5 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

We're just one day closer to the weekend.

Good luck on your testing...I'm sure you'll do fine, Mrs. Teacher of the Year!!

Congrats!

Just think, there are only 2 more months to go!! Hang in there!

Mrs. Southern said...

I bet the lady that lives by Nanny Ree was the one that scratched Steven's car! Baaahaha!!!!
I'm glad Mom could give you pencils, she said you may even end up getting more than you asked for!

Anonymous said...

Hey Darling - couldn't find any with crappy print - so I am sending you a little over 2,000 bright orange pencils with god imprint from a grocery outlet. No coupons for food though. While you are praying over these pencils - say a pray for my nerves - Your cousin Anna is really trying them with this wedding of hers! Love ya, Aunt Jane

Cyndi Lou said...

What an awesome Aunt Jane you have!! I will be praying that the testing goes well! I am sure it will. What is this, I hear? 'Mrs. Teacher of the Year'? That is awesome! Way to go girl!

Hang in there-- only 2 more days this week and 2 more months to go of school! The testing will go great! (I hate to hear that about Steven's car! UGGHHH- I really do not like mean people!)

Love,

Cyndi

Maddie said...

Yuck, testing. That's all I have to say about that. Sorry to hear about Steven's car. That stinks! Hang on spring break is just around the corner. Congrats on TOTY!