Thursday, September 4, 2008

Precious Ella Marie Cope


So, I've been dealing with something privately, and quite honestly, I'm tired of it. So, for my faithful five readers, I'll unload it all on you. Today marks the end of so many things. My cousin, Hollie's mom died this morning. I wanted to say "passed away", but that just doesn't do the fight she fought any justice. I could go on and on about the poised, strong woman she was, but really you just needed to have the privilege of knowing her. She was one of those "cool moms" that was cool with all the kids, even if you weren't her own. I know she'd probably not love this picture of her from 2 years ago, but it's all I had on my computer and I don't have a scanner to scan the many other great pictures of her. Anyway, I am so exhausted from overthinking her struggle, not only over the last 3 years, or many years, but especially the last five days. I just have to say that man, it just freakin' sucks. It really does. I can only say that if you grieve without hope, you'll grieve yourself to death, so I choose to grieve with hope. I hate it for her kids and family. Hollie and I were best friends in junior high school so her mom was basically like my own mom for a couple of years. It's a tragic loss to me. The world will be empty in so many ways without her sassy, Southern, quick witted self. I'll miss her. I miss her.

6 comments:

The Bryants said...

I lost my stepmom in March, and remembering the things we did together, and the "things she taught me" are what has gotten me through. I am so sorry for Hollie, and your, loss of a terrific lady.

broadstone said...

We are really sorry to hear this. We love you and pray for you!

--Kelly

Maddie said...

I'm so sorry Meleia. We will be praying for you.

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Grief is hard and that's all there is to it. Know that you are loved and God loves you. I'll be praying for your peace. Sounds like God gave you a special person in your life!

Cyndi Lou said...

Meleia,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Grief is so hard to bear especially when the fight was so well fought. She sounds like she was an amazing woman! I am sorry to say I didn't know her. She will live on in your memories of her and in the fact that her influence on your life is a part of who you are!

I will be praying for you during this time! (And I am one of the five faithful readers!) :)

Love you,

Cyndi

Cyndi Lou said...

Meleia,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Grief is so hard to bear especially when the fight was so well fought. She sounds like she was an amazing woman! I am sorry to say I didn't know her. She will live on in your memories of her and in the fact that her influence on your life is a part of who you are!

I will be praying for you during this time! (And I am one of the five faithful readers!) :)

Love you,

Cyndi