Okay, I decided to catch up on my emails and the TV was on MTV's "The Hills". Okay, don't even start. Sometimes, I just need mindless entertainment to accomplish tasks that take thought. I'm so...., like, not past the 90's. I just don't get things. (It's a step in the right direction that I at least know that I'm not current with cool, right?) Anyway, the VMA's came on right after "The Hills" and I was still doing other things and didn't get the TV turned to another station. Here's my revelation. ****sobbing****I MUST BE FRIGGIN' OLD. I heard things like this:
"Game on, ...badword...."--My translation--Are we on ESPN? Which game?
"Let the sucking up begin..."--My response--Why? Ewww.
"Holla...."--My thought--Shhh.
"Busted..."---My thought--Oh, too bad, something broke?
"...Just called you out....."--My thought: You got called on by the teacher and didn't know it?
"The Jonas Brothers"--My thought: Not who, but why?
Fall Out Boy sings, "Beat It"---My response: Didn't like it when Michael Jackson sang it.Here's a thought on the positive: Maybe when the 90's come back, I'll be totally with it. Lots of college, an epidural, a baby and life have me a bit removed from "cool". I guess I'm okay with it, just a bit amused at how oblivious I am to some things.
1 comment:
I had the tv on the VMAs for about 2 minutes, and that was all I could stand. I did hear later that Jordan Sparks stood up for wearing a promise ring. At least somebody had some sense on that show! :)
Post a Comment