Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happily Ever After

Friday, August 1st, Steven and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary. Yes. I. Did. Say. Tenth. In dog years that'd be 70 years, and, baby does it ever feel like it! It really does. Maybe I should have kept that to myself. But, I really didn't mean it in a bad way. I would bore you with how we met, but the story starts so long ago, that we'd have to get out stone tablets to verify it. I'm SO not going to type what all I love about him. If you know me.....well, yeeeeeah, that's not going to happen. It would MORTIFY him. It really would. So, see, I'll just commentate that we've been married for 10 years this Friday. Here's something I'd say to probably an audience that doesn't read this, it comes from my bff''s Facebook (yes, I am SO hung up on that right now)...she listed this as one of her favorite quotes:
Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you are just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares, and loves being with you and how he's the LUCKIEST guy in the world to have you...The one who turns to his friends and says, "That's her."
Okay, see for the record, in 1990 when SB and I met, they did not say the word "Hot", things like "Hammer Time" and Aresenio's "woof, woof, woof" were cool. Please keep in mind, that quote from dear Andi, is my "seconding" on some wise advice. If you follow that advice, you'll live happily ever after-- even ten years later after all the wedding guests have all resumed their lives and the gifts are a faint, chipped, but still useful memory-- and you are just Swiffering the floors, swishin' the potties and replaying your child's fave DVR.

4 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

That's a great quote Meleia.

Many congrats on your 10 years together! May there be many more to follow!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Oh, I love that quote and I'm gonna commit it to memory. You don't know how many HS girls need to hear that? Okay, maybe you do,but I may have to print that one out and frame it for a few of them.
Congrats to you guys!!!
Terri

Maddie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you have the greatest marriage ever and I see it daily in the way you treat eachother and live your lives.