Friday, September 26, 2008

Random Is As Random Does

Here's a snapshot of some totally random junk that happend today:
R-Rare Occurance: I took a personal day.
A-Assanine: I woke up at 4 am.
N-Not Happy: Lost it with the neighbor's crazy-a** dog that barks nonstop (see earlier post from months ago). Sorry about my potty mouth. Isn't lent over?
D-Directory: I couldn't find my neighborhood directory (partially because I only like the Farmers, 1 of about 20 neighbors). I really wanted to use another word for d. I confess.
O-Oh. Yes. I. Did. : I called 911.
M-Movie & Moved: Saw one. My sister did.
Moment of Confession:
Sorry, this is going to be a theraputic, poorly written
ramble for my purpose of thinking:
Steven told me that we are supposed to love our neighbors as Jesus tells us to. I told him that if I remember correctly, somewhere in the Bible it said you could dump hot coals on someone's head. He said I had misconstrued that totally. He asked me what I thought Jesus would think of our neighbors and I told him he might could get them turned to stone. He did not think that was funny. He finally tried to get me to interpret, observe and apply some verse about loving your neighbor and I decided I could love my neighbor, I guess (which he really didn't like my tone on that one), but I don't have to love their stupid dogS. (plural emphasis, there) Appreciate. Do you think I have to love them? I just really, really, REALLY, don't like inconsiderate people and they have worn me out. The only sympathy I got was from the 911 operator today. Random is as random did...........

6 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Meleia, if my sweet, dear, husband were at home he would give you a definite high 5 for your whole post. Our neighbors, who we chose (they rent from us) have some MEAN FEROCIOUS dogs...a doberman and a rottweiler. They bark into the wee hours of the morning. I must confess that I NEVER hear them, but if I did it would make me mad. I do hear my husband slamming the door and screaming not so nice (similar to your comments) words at them. He has been known to call them(the neighbors) over and over in the middle of the night until they answer AND if they don't answer he gets up, puts on his shoes and goes and knocks on their door. They will then usually move the dog to a different area, feed it or something. You see...he hates HATES the dogs. He also throws rocks at them when no one is looking, says things under his breath about them, and torments them when he drives up the driveway. He definitely CAN feel your pain. When he gets home, i'm gonna read your post to him. I think it will make him feel less alone in the world. I think I play Steven's role. I say things like, "there just dogs...not people." "they only do what they know to do", "look at it as ministry opportunities". He doesn't like my comments either, but I can sleep through a barking dog...sorry. I don't know why. I just can.

Carleigh said...

I am so, sooooo, sooooooo sorry that I laughed throughout your whole post. I love RANDOM. haha.

Brad and Shana said...

I totally sympathize. So sorry they are driving you crazy. Luckily, we don't hear them in the night or early morning, but I can't walk to the mailbox without starting WW3. Hopefully, no one is asleep when I check the mail. Every time I hear them, I pray you're not home. :)

Maddie said...

You may remember that we used to have two very large boxers that lived next door to us, and you know my husband. He takes matters into his own hands. :) Wanna borrow his bb gun??

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Tammy, Ken has resorted to the bb gun at times.
Meleia, I just felt that I should let you know that I read your post to Ken as he was getting in bed last night and he totally AMENed the whole thing...language and all. He's on your side. He also said to tell you that he knew where you could get some weiners laced with arsenic, too...j/k...but I can't say he hasn't thought about it.

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Tag! You're it!!!
Read my blog to find out more!
Terri